Dash of Inspiration – May 16, 2011

May 16, 2011

A Dash of Inspiration…A Cup of Creativity by Doreen

Beautiful Hand Painting

I had the pleasure back in the early 90’s of seeing an exhibit of Italy’s Guido Daniele’s new hand paintings and apparently he’s been quite busy since then! This exhibit from last August is simply stunning… if this doesn’t inspire you to do something different, I don’t know what will!

Do not believe that just because you have never picked up a paint brush, you can’t do so today, or that you can’t be brilliant at digital painting.  I had not painted anything since I was a child. My talents headed in different directions and though I was very creative as a child, I was never good at painting.  A few years ago my husband gave me a Wacom Tablet for Christmas and bundled with it was Corel Painter.  My birthday follows the holidays and I declared that day as a day to play and be completely unproductive, so I experimented with digital painting.  The results were beyond promising and if I can paint, so can you!

In addition to this inspiring exhibit, I wanted to pass on some great brushes for adding to the avid digital painter toolbox and for the brave explorer to experiment with painting in Photoshop or Gimp.  Below you’ll find a link to 40 Hi-Res Acrylic Brushes, a wonderful set of Pencil Box Brushes, a set of Realistic Watercolor Brushes, and for my friends using Gimp a link to 1000+ brushes!  Declare a day to play!

Guido Daniele’s Exhibit
40 Free High-Res Acrylic Paint Photoshop Brushes

Pencil Box Brushes

10 Watercolor Brush Set

1000 Free High Resolution GIMP Brushes

1. May 16, 2011 10:29 am

WILD…great find!

2. May 16, 2011 10:36 am

What an extraordinary talent! Not just the ideas but the execution of it. I’ll check out those brushes too, Doreen. Great post!

3. May 16, 2011 10:38 am

Wonderful! Thank you for the inspiration and the link to the brushes.

I’ve had a wacom tablet for years and can’t live without it. But I bought Painter only a few months ago (had to save up for it!) and have been playing obsessively with it, it’s absolutely brilliant and worth every penny, and although I still do love my art on paper and start most of my digital art on paper as well, it has become an essential part of my life now. My work is my play 🙂

• May 16, 2011 2:16 pm

Mariana, you’re welcome and congrats on bravely stepping into the world of Corel Painter! I couldn’t agree with you more about it being brilliant and worth the expense!
      Happy Creating!!

4. Rycky Creations permalink
    May 16, 2011 11:51 am

Thanks for the inspiration Doreen! Since my birthday is coming up, I’ve asked for a Wacom tablet… can’t wait to get it and start creating!

Robin

5. May 16, 2011 9:31 pm

I love this! If one stares at this, they can get lost in deep meditation!
    Thanks Doreen!

6. May 17, 2011 2:03 am

THANK YOU, Doreen! This year I am expanding on my tools and learning new ways to design. You are a wonderful inspiration and know how to motivate your fellow artists!

BTW – did I miss the Gimp link? My sister is going to download/explore Gimp and I’d like to send her that way.

7. May 17, 2011 3:55 am

Thank You Doreen, You`re always an inspiration. Thank you for the links as well.

8. Lj Maxx permalink
    May 17, 2011 4:29 pm

Thanks Doreen.. I love these kinds of posts.. I just spent an hour (I should be at work instead but… lol) looking through and visiting these and other links from these.. Very useful info! ~LjM

9. May 18, 2011 10:35 pm

Janet & Lj…You are welcome!