Dash of Inspiration – August 8, 2011

August 8, 2011

A Dash of Inspiration…A Cup of Creativity by Doreen

New Photo Card Software at GCU!

GCU’s new Photo Card creation software is slick and I for one, LOVE IT!  I have sold many of these types of cards on Zazzle because of the customer ease of use, though I have sold some on GCU in the past through customization, I also didn’t have many to offer due to the difficulties of the past when dealing with the customer.  Now with GCU’s terrific new software this whole idea is sweet & easy for the artist…design once, sell tons!

I seek inspiration for this type of challenge by visiting the competitors, and I mean GCU competitors not my own fellow artists.  Visit photo cards across the internet to get ideas for what you can do; especially places that seek submission and/or pay artists to create designs.

Today I offer a couple of links for inspiration from our competitors who include beautiful examples of photo cards – Photo Card offerings from Kodak– plus I’ve included a link to 30 Beautiful Photo Frames and Borders, Photoshop Tutorials, Brushes and Actions for you to peruse and download.

Enjoy!

Artist Doreen Erhardt, Salon of Art

1. August 8, 2011 5:36 am

Doreen, Where does one find this new software from GCU?

2. August 8, 2011 12:14 pm

Hi Doreen,
    Great article! I really like reading all of your “dashes” of inspiration, although I somehow up till now haven’t managed to leave a reply. Well researched, lucid, clear and informative.
    Thanks for all the information!
    barbara

3. August 8, 2011 1:31 pm

love the simplicity of this border…perfect for a b&w photo!

4. SunAtNight permalink
    August 8, 2011 2:57 pm

Tiny Prints was bought out by Shutterfly last spring (for an insane amount). You can also visit their sister store weddingpaperdivas.com for wedding theme inspiration.

5. August 8, 2011 4:39 pm

Thanks Corrie, I’ve been so busy I couldn’t understand what people were talking about on the forums with this. (go to the back of the class Michele please)…Thanks Doreen too. As soon as I finish this big job I’m working on, I will participate. This sounds wonderful.

6. August 8, 2011 7:41 pm

Doreen,Thanks for inspiring me to get into the photo card arena. I have been at it all day! I have quite a few to upload but my fingers are killing me! Time to take a break. Here are the 2 I put on today. Hope its OK I used the baby pic too. It is so adorable.

7. August 9, 2011 12:29 am

Doreen,
    You have been a great help to me many times. But I am unaware of the GCU software you mention in this post. I’ve searched GCU Wiki, etc but can’t find any reference to this. What am I missing?
    Thanks,