Design Spotlight: Andrew Winters

August 22, 2012

Today’s Design Spotlight shines on Andrew Winters of PlainFolk Greetings, an artist with a unique vision and a great sense of humor!

Inside: Ah Mish You, Alot.

I have always enjoyed both drawing and making people smile, so designing humorous greeting cards was a natural fit. ‘

After a career path change in 2009, I used the extra time to dedicate myself to seriously being funny (I know–oxymoron). My inspiration for PlainFolk Greetings came to me while driving through the country roads of beautiful Lancaster County, PA. It began with the simple hand-painted lettering used by people to sell their home grown produce. It was all very organic.

Naturally, Lancaster is known for it’s Amish community and the farm life in general, so that became my theme. I do try hard not to be disparaging of the Amish lifestyle when developing gags or admittedly bad puns. My featured card is a personal favorite that typifies the simple but strong message I try to offer card buyers.

1. August 22, 2012 12:01 pm

Hysterical, Andrew! I have never really seen your cards until this post. I love your sense of humor and this card is at the top of my list. 🙂 Congratulations on taking the spotlight today.

2. abigail157 permalink
    August 22, 2012 3:54 pm

I’m so glad you are on GCU because we need humor, different art styles, and unique subjects. I wish you many sales!
    Gail Pepin

• Andy Winters permalink
      August 23, 2012 1:04 am

I appreciate your kind sentiments, Gail. Best of luck to you on your card sales, too!

3. August 23, 2012 9:53 pm

Simply clever! Glad to have you Andy 🙂

4. Vicky permalink
    August 24, 2012 3:04 am

Great cards! What a great style.

5. May 19, 2013 3:34 pm

Your cards are fabulous. I hope you continue to make more!