Design Spotlight: Sharon Fernleaf

April 4, 2013

Today’s Design Spotlight falls on Sharon Fearnleaf, a very fine artist with a great sense of humor – her kitties always make us smile!

I’m a greeting card designer and licensing artist living in Phoenix with my little band of rescue cats, the inspiration for most of my designs. I’ve had a Greeting Card Universe shop for just over 6 years and many of my cards feature cats.

I love animals and when I was younger, thought seriously about going into wildlife biology like Jane Goodall, but working with big cats. Well, I didn’t go into that field, but I do take a lot of notes and make a lot of sketches of the animals I live with! The fact that they’re hilarious one minute and sweet the next works really well for an artist looking for card ideas.

I’m happy to share this card because it’s not only my bestselling design, but one of my favorites. It was a lot of fun pairing cats with this idea because they’re a perfect fit. It’s also a lot of fun to make people laugh or smile. Like other artists have said, knowing there are people all over the world who enjoy my cards and share them with people they care about is the best part of all.

1. April 4, 2013 12:38 pm

Really love your card! Great idea and super cute kitties!

2. April 4, 2013 12:52 pm

Sharon, Your kitties always make me laugh. You capture that attitude that is ‘cat’ so perfectly. LOL.
    Pamela/PamJArts

3. April 4, 2013 1:04 pm

I really love this card. It always makes me smile – and today, seeing it, started my day off on a good note! The lucky recipients of this card should always keep it where they can see it daily 🙂

4. Trish permalink
    April 4, 2013 1:17 pm

Sharon, that card is SOOOOO what I wish I was clever enough to do. What an awesome talent you have!

5. naquaiya permalink
    April 4, 2013 2:55 pm

This has been my favorite of your cards for a long time. Every day I appreciate my kitties and the love/health treatment they give me as seen in this card. Congratulations on your great designs.

6. April 4, 2013 3:28 pm

I’ve always loved your cats, Sharon. I’m a cat person too! I wish you many sales and much success!
    Gail Pepin

7. April 4, 2013 3:47 pm

So nice to see you featured Sharon. I’m a fan and fellow cat purrson too, you know that 🙂

8. April 4, 2013 4:20 pm

Congrats on your DS, Sharon. Love those kitties and great concepts!

9. April 4, 2013 6:20 pm

Always love your work and style Sharon. You’re the Cat’s Meow!

10. April 4, 2013 9:06 pm

thanks everyone! mutual appreciation for your work:)