Design Spotlight: Betty Matsumoto-Schuch

May 9, 2013

Today’s Design Spotlight falls on Betty Matsumoto-Schuch of Bud & Tony fame – those cute kitties are always up to something sweet!

I’d like to share this latest design that was inspired by my furiend Doreen Erhardt and her vehicle loving hubby.

All of my Bud & Tony designs have evolved from my cats … Bud & Tony, no surprise here.  Since Bud went over the rainbow bridge 4 years ago, Tony has continued on for both of them. He’s even appeared on TV’s Animal Planet show: My Cat From Hell as he does have some ‘shooze’.

There’s never a dull moment in our house nor in my Bud & Tony cards, so I hope they all bring a smile or a good belly laugh to all those Cat people out there who can relate to their furry antics.

1. May 9, 2013 10:46 am

I love your cards Betty! I had stumbled upon them already and been so impressed! Such colour, creativity, and humour!! Truly very special!

2. May 9, 2013 12:49 pm

Hooray for Bud & Tony. Sorry to hear that the real Bud passed on.

3. May 9, 2013 2:56 pm

Ciao Tony and my favorite cat lady on the planet! Get this – I saw your card and before I read the post, I went and looked at the card … and hit FAVORITE for my hubby’s bday in September! Those feline instincts of yours were right again! My cat loving motorcycle husband is getting this card for his birthday this year and it will mean the world to him that he was the inspiration!

LOVE it and LOVE you & Tony! Give Tony and his ninja pal a kiss from me and say hi to Cliff!

• budandtony permalink
      May 9, 2013 5:22 pm

Love ya Doreen! I always get inspiration from the BEST!
      Ciao/Meow,
      Betty

4. May 9, 2013 3:00 pm

I love your cards so much, Betty. Sorry to hear about Bud. I loved your segment here on My Cat From Hell. http://animal.discovery.com/tv-shows/my-cat-from-hell/videos/tonys-follow-up.htm

I met Jackson Galaxy last night at a talk he gave in Kansas City on his first stop on his book tour for his Cat Daddy book. He’s meow-velous! And so are you!

5. May 9, 2013 4:23 pm

Wonderful cards. Tony is a very lucky cat to have you for his mom. Sorry about Bud. Love the cards, so whimsical and clever.

6. budandtony permalink
    May 9, 2013 5:24 pm

Thanks to my fellow artists! You all are just awesome company in this fab GCU Community!

7. May 9, 2013 7:15 pm

Wonderful cards – all of them.. Congrats on your featured spotlight Betty! LjM

8. May 9, 2013 9:03 pm

I adore your Bud and Tony cards! Congratulations on the Spotlight.

Hmm. Now I’m having visions of Bud and Poussifri (Agent 009, whom we lost in 2010) getting together to cause a spot or two of trouble on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge….

9. May 10, 2013 12:06 am

Congrats on your well deserved Spotlight, Betty! Love your cards. So sorry to read that Bud passed on, but I’m sure he’s in kitty heaven having a ball and thanking you everyday for the fab life he had here on earth. So nice Bud’s spirit will live on in your cards! Big hugs to you! xo Laura

10. May 10, 2013 6:44 pm

Betty, I have been a fan of Bud and Tony cards since I discovered them! They are so much fun!

11. May 10, 2013 8:25 pm

DELIGHTFUL

12. May 10, 2013 9:08 pm

What a purrrrfectly cute card, Betty. Have loved your Bud & Tony cards for many years, and it was fun “meeting” Tony, as well as you and your husband, on “My Cat from Hell.”

13. May 11, 2013 9:32 pm

Congrats Betty! Love Bud and Tony. You have immortalized Bud. It was great to see the Cat from Hell segment and your artwork on it! I would never have known that babying a cat could have any consequences, lol.

14. May 12, 2013 10:13 pm

Congratulations.. cute cards.

15. May 16, 2013 7:36 pm

I’m a big fan of these two partners in crime – it’s always a delight to see what adventures they are up to next! Thank you Bettie, GCU loves Bud & Tony 🙂

16. May 18, 2013 10:12 pm

These cards are so charming!