Nuts and Bolts: Instagram Tips
The best way is via your smartphone. On your smartphone via your browser go to the GCU website and find the card you want. You can capture the card image you want to post by a Save Image function of your phone. Via the iphone this is done by holding your finger on the image until the options popup (Save Image, Copy). It should now be saved in your photo / camera roll. We like to use the 3D card image from the product details page.
Go to your Instagram app on your smartphone and per usual, use the plus sign at the bottom to start a post and choose an image. The default should be Library which points to your photo / camera roll. Find the photo you want and proceed per usual creating a instagram post.
Instagram is one of those applications that you can view and interact with via your desktop computer but you can only upload / post via the app.
A few tips …
1. in instagram you can pinch to adjust the image size and add more that one image per posting
2. portrait cards tend to translate best
3. sometimes we edit/crop our photos first to “square” format before uploading, instagram seems to like this
4. be sure to use these hashtags and more that are relevant to your card: #greetingcards #greetingcard #anycardimaginable #greetingcarduniverse
5. be sure to tag us @GreetingCardUniverse
GCU Community Manager