Lightning Round: Kitties – June 26-July 5, 2011

July 5, 2011

You all are the cat’s pajamas! Our Lightning Round: KITTIES is the most successful yet, and I’m very pleased, happy and downright proud of each and every one of you. 🙂 Welcome to our new bloggers: thanks for playing! I hope to see each of you back for our next challenge.

Speaking of challenges… I’ve finally put the bit between my teeth and made a new post on my blog JUST for this Lightning Round – I even made a video promoting my kitty cards in a fun way!

Here’s the master post of links – all participants, please re-post to your own blogs. Everyone (I mean everyone reading this post, including non-bloggers) – don’t forget to visit and leave a comment on the blogs.

Remember, not only are you spreading the love, you’re getting an opportunity to put a backlink out there to your GCU store, and that’s a very good thing!

The winner of our contest is Diana Delosh – congratulations! 20 free card credits will be coming your way.

Without further ado, I give you our very popular…

LIGHTNING ROUND: KITTIES

Furry Friends
“Animals are such agreeable friends…”
Painted Cottage, Judith Cheng

Cats Are Angels Among Us
“Let’s face it, cat lovers are passionate about their cats…”
Rycky Creations, Robin Chaffin

Jack and Lillie: The Story of Two Rescues
“Jack and Lillie are cats…”
DB Visual Arts, Denise Beverly

Friends with Fur
“I wish I could say I have kitties and cats running all over the place…”
Janet Lee Designs, Janet Palaggi

An Ode to Kitties
“I love cats…”
Diana’s Cards, Diana Delosh

For All Us Cat Lovers
“A life without cats?!? A love story…”
Aura2000, Aura 2000

Everyday Art: Inspirational Kitties and Cats
“The key to finding inspiration in everyday places and things is observing…”
Sun at Night Studios, Sun at Night

Feline Friends
“Cats can be great companions…”
Sunshine’s Creative Explorations, Donna Lorello

Feline Fever
“I fell in love with cats almost twenty years ago…”
It’s a Beautiful World, Catherine Sherman

The Kitty and the Mashed Potatoes
“Sulu was a rescued feral kitten…”
Kilter Cards, A Ley

Luna, a New Family Member
“My daughter and her boyfriend just got a sweet little kitten a couple days ago…”
I Love Cuttables, Cindy Johns

Cats in Love
“Could it be that cats in love express more with their body language than we can imagine?”
Naquiaya’s Cards, Naquaiya

Meow, Meow, Meow
“Being the owner (did I say that?) of five cats…”
Cherie’s Arts ‘N Crafts, Cherie

When the Cat’s Away
“Cats, can anyone truly resist them?”
Salon of Art, Doreen Erhardt

Our Beautiful Gypsy Kitty
“One day probably 20 years ago a gorgeous seven toed calico cat just showed up literally on our doorstep…”
Dragonfire Graphics, Betsy Bush

Here, Kitty! Kitty! Kitty
“DogBreedz isn’t only about Man’s Best Friend…”
DogBreedz, Peggy Mundell

My Rescue Cat Speckles: A Love Story
“On one blazing hot summer night in 2006 in Plano, Texas, a cat wandered outside next to the large patio of my apartment…”
This & That, Rick McBride

CorrieWeb is the Cat’s Meow
“I love kitties!”
CorrieWeb, Corrie Kuipers

I Was Always a Dog Person
“Kitties were an acquired taste for me…”
Cottage Creek Greetings, John H. Johnson

My Cat Loves Birthday Candles
“I live with a cat who is fascinated by fire…”
Blessing Art Cards, Sharon Fernleaf

New ‘Kit’ On the Block
“Introducing Abby, our newest critter kid!”
Cards from the Heart, Lisa Charlton

1. July 5, 2011 2:41 pm

Wow -Thanks, I’m honored.
    I see I have a lot of fun kitty blogs to visit & read. So far I’ve visited 7.

2. July 5, 2011 3:04 pm

This was a fun round! I’ll be visiting the long list of blogs over the next many (many) days. I included the master list on my blog AND picked one card from each artist to feature as well. Looking forward to the next challenge/inspiration!

Peggy at DogBreedz.net

• July 6, 2011 11:46 am

Peggy, how sweet of you to include a card from every participating artist on your follow up kitty blog. I was so tickled to see my Lets Do Lunch card which was just approved the other day. Thanks so much, you are always such a help.

• July 6, 2011 11:50 am

Peggy, how sweet of you to include a card from each participating artist in your follow up kittie blog. I was so tickled to see my newly approved “Let’s Do Lunch” card! Thanks so much, you are always such a help to the GCU community.

3. July 5, 2011 11:23 pm

I’m inspired! My Calico Cat Squeak just had 3 kittens. I’ll dust off my camera and take a few pictures of their darling faces.

• July 8, 2011 8:36 pm

Oh Nancy, great! Those little feline images will make some great kitty cards! I’d love to see your photos when you get them!

Best,
      Cherie

4. July 7, 2011 4:23 pm

All I can say is I’m Allergic! Though I do love our feline friends…

5. karen Aylin permalink
    July 9, 2011 9:18 am

A house is not a home without a cat..

6. July 10, 2011 1:37 am

This was a WONDERFUL Lightening Round! I visited all your blogs and read some funny, beautiful, and very touching stories (yes, I even cried a few times).

I also posted to all of your blogs, but had some problems with some of those on WordPress and Squidoo. Sorry if my comments on those blogs don’t show up (I tried). 😦

I also “followed” as many of you as I could (if I wasn’t already following you), but there was a couple of those that I didn’t have success with, either.

All in all, though, this was truly enjoyable and lots of fun… and great getting to know some fellow cat lovers. 🙂

CindyJ