Design Spotlight: Nan Wright

October 5, 2011

In honor of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I’m putting the Design Spotlight on Nan Wright of Nan’s Card Shop, and her wonderfully humorous card for cancer patients. Thanks, Nan!

P.S. – Don’t forget that Blog Carnival V: THE BIG C is still taking submissions. I want to see more artists raising awareness of cancer, a terrible disease that affects so many of our family and friends!

The painting I did was an inspiration from Maya Angelou’s poem:  “Every woman should have a set of screw drivers, a power drill and a black lace bra!”

When you reach my age, you experience many friends who contract this beastly disease… whether breast or some other type.  My sister died of colon cancer and I have lost many friends.  On the other hand, I have many friends who are winning the battle.

The message on the inside of this particular card has no author (anonymous), but it says it how it really is and should be.  It has given strength and hope to many of my friends who have wanted to ‘just give up the battle against this “beast.”

1. barbara schreiber permalink
    October 5, 2011 6:18 am

Nan, great design and very touching and true text inside the card!

2. Rycky Creations permalink
    October 5, 2011 11:32 am

Very clever card, Nan! Love the design and the message!

3. October 5, 2011 1:32 pm

It is very clever and I did really enjoy going through your store this morning. You have several that I have alot of admiration for. Abstract buffalo, the screw cancer, your cute shoe with the eiffel tower heell………so creative! And thanks for the nice breast cancer cards, they are very encouraging. Trish

4. October 5, 2011 2:30 pm

Wonderful card Nan! I just love the accompanying verse too.

5. October 5, 2011 3:00 pm

Thankyou all for your kind comments on my card and shop. Very much appreciated!

6. October 6, 2011 3:14 am

Wonderful design and very inspiring words.

7. October 6, 2011 5:11 pm

simple design, but it gets right to the point…well done!