Design Spotlight: Annie Lim Cheng En

January 5, 2012

Today’s Design Spotlight falls on Annie Lim Cheng En of Annielim Designs, who has won the Design of the Day award a few times. She has a very appealing art style. Thanks for participating, Annie!

____________________

My name is Annie Lim Cheng En, and I am a Christian living in a small country – Malaysia in Asia. Well, this is a mixed culture with Malay, India and Chinese influences, and is the inspiration and source for my designs.

I am a freelancer and work at home mom. I started my Annielim Designs card store in 2008. From the beginning, my sales were very few. I almost wanted to give up, but I love art and drawing, so i just continued to work and upload my cards until my one of my cards was selected for Design of the Day. That really encouraged me. At last, I recently made my best sale ever – 425 Chinese New Year cards!
I want to thank Jesus for His grace & mercy, and I want to share my experience with people who want to give up to encourage them. You can do it!
  1. Lj Maxx permalink
    January 5, 2012 3:23 pm

I have many times admired your card designs. Congrats to you Annie on all these achievements & with many more to come… no doubt about it!

2. January 5, 2012 3:38 pm

Good going Annie, the card you chose is beautiful and charming too. Glad you stuck it out!

3. January 5, 2012 3:42 pm

Congratulations Annie on your Design of the Day and your nice bulk sale. 🙂

4. January 5, 2012 4:45 pm

great way to start the new year…lots more prosperity for 2012!

5. Cathy Turner artfromtheheart permalink
    January 5, 2012 4:49 pm

I love Annie’s attitude, congratulation’s on your big sale. Im so glad you did’nt give up. You are truly encouraging.

6. Gail Pepin permalink
    January 5, 2012 6:22 pm

Annie, you have always been one of my favorite artists on GCU! I love your fresh, clean, approach to design and I wish you much success. You deserve it!

7. January 5, 2012 6:31 pm

God has given you a gift to share, never give up, you are a wonderful artist and person!
    Best wishes for more big sales!

8. January 6, 2012 4:06 pm

thanks all my friends. & wish God bless everybody in 2012.