Custom Corner: Eugenia Bacon

December 18, 2013

We’ve got an interesting Custom Corner story today featuring Eugenia Bacon. As we know, customers have the ability to make a request from an artist to customize a card to their own specifications and wishes.

This is the original card:

Cute card! She received the following request from a customer:
” Hi, could you remove the bear and the duck from the front of the card and place two cute bear paws in their place. I would like the bear paws to be the same color as the bear that was originally on the front cover. Then on the inside, instead of the writing could you place the bear there. Right in the center. Thank you!”

So Eugenia created this design:

She even included an image inside the card for the customer!

Congratulations, Eugenia, for handling the request so beautifully. You’re a wonderful artist.

1. December 18, 2013 8:15 am

That’s really cute indeed! I wasn’t aware that it is possible to place an image in the inside of the card – how did she do that? Great card and well customised, congrats Eugenia!

2. December 18, 2013 9:00 am

Just what I was wondering too, Steppeland!

• December 18, 2013 9:30 am

Check back tomorrow. I’m putting together a post on how to do this.

Corrie

3. December 18, 2013 10:21 am

Thanks Ladies, I was going to ask this also! Looking forward to your post, Corrie!

• December 18, 2013 10:23 am

Eugenia, forgive me, I forgot to say how adorable your design is! The bear paws are really cute!

4. December 18, 2013 10:40 am

Congrats, Eugenia, it’s a sweet design!

5. December 18, 2013 12:03 pm

Cute baby card and bear card! Well done. I look forward to the post in the card inside. I have trouble with leaving the bottom area available for the customer. I have had an occasion to add an image to the whole inside right — and get messed up with that portion. The customer added the text for that part of it — but had to really work the text to get it to blend well together.

6. December 18, 2013 1:06 pm

Thanks everyone for your comments, i am all smiles! And thanks Corrie for doing the tutorial, I am so glad to have this to refer to in future, I had forgotten the steps, but it’s really quite simple when you know how:)

7. December 18, 2013 3:18 pm

Adorable card ‘e’ and it’s wonderful that you were so accommodating for the customer 🙂

8. December 18, 2013 3:35 pm

So pleased it all turned out so well Eugenia. I too look forward to reading the tutorial as I barely recalled the inside image ability and when/how we can use it etc.. Super cute card/idea and CoNgRaTs on this featured blog post too! Merry Christmas~ LjM

9. December 19, 2013 12:07 am

Thank you for taking such great care of the shoppers and the custom requests Eugenia!

• December 19, 2013 11:18 am

LOVE all my shoppers:) And thank goodness Nasser came to my rescue so everyone was happy!

10. December 19, 2013 6:52 am

Eugenia, such an adorable card and great custom job!