Design Spotlight: Betsy Bush

February 27, 2014

Our Design Spotlight shines today on Betsy Bush of Dragonfire Graphics, another experienced GCU artist who rarely fails to deliver the goods.

I chose this design to feature because it actually is a blending of images I have incorporated into other cards. I had the clock idea pop into my head one day so I hit the drawing board to make it a reality. It was so fun to go back into my files to find images related to babies and to see where I had been and how I have improved over these past 2 1/2 years of greeting card design fun!
This design also gave me the opportunity to use my new found knowledge on how to make a flair button for each of the icons I made. I love color and this design definitely lent itself to the use of tons of fun colors. I also took the time to create many other versions of this card (announcements, custom name announcements,welcome baby for one, twins and triplets!). All versions were also done in gender specific background colors as well.

Here’s to a New Year of many greeting card sales for all of us!

1. February 27, 2014 1:24 pm

Betsy, such an adorable card! I love the clock concept and the little images. Well done!

2. abigail157 permalink
    February 27, 2014 3:36 pm

I’ve always enjoyed your original designs and concepts. I wish you many sales and much success!
    Gail

3. February 27, 2014 3:44 pm

What a fun idea Betsy, and as always so well executed! Congratulations on being in the spotlight, it’s well deserved.

4. February 27, 2014 5:06 pm

Congrats on your Spotlight Betsy! I love the card. Your wording is very clever.

5. Donna Collins permalink
    February 27, 2014 5:52 pm

Betsy…. Your cards are always cute …congratulations on being Design Spotlight.

6. February 27, 2014 6:05 pm

Congrats Betsy! I’ve always loved your work. It’s fun, fresh, and well designed.

7. February 27, 2014 7:19 pm

Thank you so much to all of you, Sandra, Gail, Doreen, Laura, Donna and Betty, for your lovely compliments that give me such a boost of encouragement! What a treat to hear from so many accomplished artists! You really made my day!

8. February 27, 2014 7:22 pm

Congrats Betsy. You make some mighty awesome cards indeed!

9. February 27, 2014 10:31 pm

Always a breath of fresh air Betsy and professional to a T! Thank you for being part of our community! 🙂

10. February 28, 2014 12:53 am

Mindy and Lj, Thank you so much for your kind words. I love being part of GCU!

Trackbacks

1. Design Spotlight: Betsy Bush | I love graphic art!