NEWS from Greeting Card Universe

May 2, 2011

I’m totally thrilled to share this exclusive news with my community peeps! (it’s quite a scoop – this hasn’t even been officially announced by the GCU Team, so you heard about it here first!)

GCU is about to launch a new way to showcase the unique talents of their artists, called the Design of the Day Award. What’s this, you ask? Each day (except holidays, of course), the GCU Team will choose one card out of the many from that day’s NEW cards (meaning, the cards newly approved that day, but you knew what I meant, didn’t you?). The Design of the Day will be showcased on the GCU homepage for 24 hours. How cool is that!

The new DotD is going to replace the current “Featured Artist” slot on the homepage which was, in fact, pulled randomly from the entire pool of artists, and changed each time the front page was reloaded.

Who does the choosing, and what criteria do they use? That info’s staying behind the veil drawn over GCU HQ, but it’s okay. Every artist who submits cards has the same chance as everybody else, so I wouldn’t get too hung up about it. Just go on making your fabulous cards, and someday you may join the ranks of the chosen. 🙂

This is a great way for GCU to acknowledge the best designs by the best artists, and best of all, you get bragging rights! What’s not to like? And to help celebrate these achievements, the GCU Community (that’s me) will be giving all winners a special star to display on their website or blog. Yay!

When does the fun start? Tomorrow, so stay tuned. I don’t know about you, but I’m excited!

1. May 2, 2011 8:18 am

Wow Corrie that´s so cool 🙂 now I´m so excited because I just made 4 new cards and uploaded to GCU a few days ago and I do have some new one´s on my “desk” (laptop LOL )

2. Priscilla of Periwinklecards permalink
    May 2, 2011 9:59 am

Sounds like a very cool idea. Cheers to GCU!

3. Cathy Gangwer permalink
    May 2, 2011 2:37 pm

Sounds like an awesome thing for GCU to do!

4. May 2, 2011 2:57 pm

Truly EXCITING News! I know I’m always thrilled to win the Zazzle Today’s Best Award and recently I won Zazzle’s Grady Award which put that Graduation Announcement on the front page of Zazzle’s Graduation Page. This has brought me hundreds of those invitations sold so far…really makes a difference to get a bit of front page recognition!

THANK YOU Corrie and GCU!! You’re AMAZING!

5. May 2, 2011 7:06 pm

Exciting indeed! What a great idea! Looking forward to see the daily DotD winner. Also a nice incentive to keep creating new designs!

6. May 2, 2011 7:52 pm

This is a great incentive to be creating all the time!! The reviewers just blew me away today with 8 approvals. I have been spending time trying to figure out how to blog and today I added 3 cards so I hope I did the right thing to be in the contest. Can’t wait for some free time to try out Doreen’s infrared tutorial.

7. May 2, 2011 8:34 pm

That is awesome news! And it makes creating new cards even more exciting 🙂

8. May 3, 2011 2:32 am

I agree, awesome and exciting news!