Design Spotlight: Vernita Bridges Hoyt

November 20, 2012

Today’s Design Spotlight shines on Vernita Bridges Hoyt, an artist with cute, original paintings of dogs and other animals! This particular card won the Design of the Day award on GCU.

I’m a 5th generation native Texan who paints and photographs Texas’ animals, flowers, people, and places. My cards are original designs based on my original paintings or photos.

My best seller has been Chef Dachsie, a Thanksgiving card which features my original oil painting of the same name. The original painting was sold to help homeless dogs. Although I have painted for 55 years, I only committed to a professional painting routine in 2001 when I was juried into the original Daily Painters gallery site.

1. Laura J. Holman permalink
    November 20, 2012 10:33 am

Congrats on your Spotlight Vernita! Adorable and unique card!

2. November 20, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks so much! I appreciate the honor of being in the GCU Design Spotlight today. You might like another card I have that is similar –“Santa Babe” with a dachshund in Santa hat.

3. November 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Congratulations, Vernita. Your art is lovely.

4. November 20, 2012 1:05 pm

Really adorable, Vernita! You really captured the dog’s personality!

5. November 20, 2012 1:44 pm

Wonderful spotlight, your artwork is beautiful. Always great getting to know a follow artist.

6. November 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks so much, Alda, Sandra, Janet and Laura! This will be great getting to you all, too.

7. November 20, 2012 9:08 pm

Congratulations on this additional honor, Nita…your doggies are always soooooo cute.

8. November 21, 2012 11:29 am

Congrats Nita! This one certainly deserves the honors as it is quite special! You have a way of giving your animals a personality that makes them so joyful for the viewer…just have to smile!!!